Two times a year, I will open a small window to hire new, incoming analysts to join our investment team. The opportunity is available to a select number of applicants. The start date will be Fall 2016. I will keep the application window open for 2-3 weeks, then start with the interview process. Please feel free to reach out with any questions. Below you will find a detailed description of what the job entails and what the requirements consist of. Goodluck!
First Year Analyst Program
The First Year Analyst position is based in New York City in our Flatiron Headquarters. As an analyst, you will learn about the venture capital and private equity industries. You will gain insight into many different private companies ranging from early stage startups to later stage growth companies.
Analysts contribute to Rosecliff Ventures by helping us evaluate and manage our firm’s activities on a day-to-day basis. You will be expected to source, analyze, and structure all incoming deal flow. Major responsibilities will include working with our portfolio companies.
What do we expect?
• Carrying out market research and due diligence for potential investment opportunities.
• Creating and updating various financial models, industry competition analysis, web analytic modeling, preparing investor pitch decks, testing products and services.
• Analyzing private company financial statements and conducting detailed firm analysis to prepare presentation materials for the investment team and partners.
• Assisting the investment team in creating financial and investment reports for our investors such as quarterly updates, pitch decks, and presentations.
• Working with and communicating with portfolio companies from pre-investment to post-investment management.
• Communicating with third parties including banks, auditors, and other service providers for operational procedures and to improve relationships.
What do we look for?
• An entrepreneurial mindset with motivation and passion.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• A strong grasp on the business models, startups, and market trends.
• Skilled in both verbal and written interpersonal communication – will be in constant contact with investors, founders, attorneys, and other professionals.
• Highly organized and attentive to detail.
• Strong work ethic, high intellectual curiosity, and analytical skills are all highly important to this business
• Prior experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, and other alternative investments is recommended, but not required.
• We look to hire the best…Period.
• Bachelor’s Degree with demonstrated academic excellence
• Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) with demonstrated academic excellence
Our application process is unique and exciting. We will be accepting applications into our first year program. If you want to be a part of our team you can submit all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org and an associate will reach out. Please subject the message “First Year Analyst.” All inquires should be sent with a resume and cover letter.